With fall around the corner and routines back in place, we’ve rounded up a list of fabulous activities and classes to enjoy, for all ages and interests.
- Registration info: open all year long
- Ages: 18 months – adult
- MPA offers recreational & performance dance classes. Their well educated instructors teach students to use dance as an outlet to finding passion through movement. Classes include: Move with Me, Creative Movers, Tot Tumbling and Hip Hop, Ballet/Tap Combo, Ages 6+ Beginner through Advanced Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Broadway Jazz, Musical Theater, and Poms.
“This a wonderful studio that caters to the growth of each child individually. My daughter has been able to explore and find the types of dance she enjoys the most. Classes are small so each student receives the attention they need.” -Jenny
- Registration info: please call 312-251-8838 or register here.
- Ages: 3-6
- Ballet Chicago’s Preparatory Division classes provide an inspired introduction to the arts with a focus on creativity, group interaction, motor skill development, and the joy of self-expression.
“I feel so proud to be part of the Ballet Chicago family. I think that without Ballet Chicago, my ballet teachers, and my parents’ support, I wouldn’t be able to do what I really love.” -Daisy
- Registration info: ongoing with flexible options of drop-ins as well as recurring reservations.
- Ages: 1-13
- Promo: 20% off for Pearachute families with code: pear20
- enerGEEwhizz offers the only small group personalized training programming for children. Sessions are customized using proprietary equipment and software. The workouts are led by degreed and certified fitness professionals and tracked through the enerGEEwhizz software.
“They have awesome “games” that really make exercising fun. Plus, the printouts allowing your child to track their progress is great incentive for my older ones to beat their scores.
The instructors are all very nice, accepting, and encouraging!” -Tabitha
- Registration info: first class is free. Please register here.
- Ages: 6 through 13
- Promo: $50 discount for Pearachute families.
- Codeverse is the world’s first fully interactive coding studio for kids. They offer after-school, evening, and weekend classes at the Lincoln Park, Naperville, and Wilmette studios.
“Codeverse opens up the way my daughter thinks about everything. I’m not a technologist, but this is the future, and I’m happy our family has this.” -Keith
- Registration info: Registration open year round. Sign-up for the fall term by 9/17 for extra savings.
- Ages: 18 months – 10+
- Promo: 10% off fall tuition with code LPDMFALL2018
- Lincoln Park Dance + Move is a children’s dance studio located in the heart of Lincoln Park. They provide a fun and inviting space for your child to explore dance and movement. Classes include Mommy & Me, ballet, jazz, and hip hop.
“I did the Mommy & Me class w/ my daughter. This was our first attempt at a more “structured” class, and it went great! The kids love Rachel and respond really well to her instruction. She keeps class sizes small and there is a lot of 1 on 1 attention.” -Cara
- Registration info: year round open enrollment
- Ages: 2-6
- Promo: FREE TRIAL CLASS towards GROUP
- Each day in their therapeutic preschool, your child will learn literacy, math, science and self-care. They explore these concepts through music, books, movement, sensory exploration, problem solving, and visual spatial tasks. Each activity will be modified to ensure your child’s success in their program in order to help them achieve academic milestones and “graduate”.
“My husband and I were drawn by the preschool’s holistic and highly personalized approach. We knew our son needed one-on-one attention from professionals that understood his unique challenges.” -Lindsey
- Registration info: call 847-961-6584
- Ages: 1-5
- Rock ‘n’ Kids classes include songs and rhymes, rhythm instruments and movement props, fine and gross motor activities, sensory integration, imagination play, socialization and FUN!
“Tot Rock and Kid Rock classes are so creative and interactive and provide an early childhood option that is educational and fun!” -Susan
- About: Stages Performing Arts offers one-of-a-kind classes, camps, and party entertainment for children and families throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Developed by a professional performer turned child development specialist, Stages is the only performing arts company of its kind, designed to grow with your child through every stage of development.
- From Broadway themed infant/toddler classes (that are also entertaining for adults) to a training ground for the next generation, Stages has it all.
“I’m so glad I found Stages for my kids. There is something so magical in the way the classes are created and in how they treat and incorporate the kids… Plus, how great is it to introduce musicals to your kids at such a young age?” -Michelle